Jefferson County provides materials (gloves, bags, safety backpacks) and support (traffic control, trash removal) for volunteers removing litter and trash from County maintained roadways and rights of way. This program is not for yard debris, branches or household trash and is coordinated by a person, people or group in the community. We require one person from the community/organization to serve as the main contact.
- Cleanup Program Overview
- How you can host an event
- Unincorporated Jefferson County contacts
Jefferson County hosts and partners with a variety of workshops, seminars, and events throughout the County in order to provide residents with information, expertise, and opportunities.
- AWW Training Workshops
- Electronics Drop Off event
- Household Hazardous Waste disposal event
- Garden and Landscaping Lunch & Learn Series
- Prescription Drug Take Back Days
- Rain Barrel workshop
Jefferson County Stormwater Staff can provide a stormwater pollution prevention presentation for your neighborhood, community, civic organization, educational or faith-based group. In addition, our staff welcomes the opportunity to speak to your employees or industry members about good housekeeping practices and stormwater pollution prevention on the job. Material can be tailored to varying audiences. Call 205-325-8741 to discuss your interests and schedule a presentation.
- Stormwater Calendar
- For your free annual calendar stop by Room B200, Jefferson County Courthouse.
- Or CLICK HERE for a printable version
- Brochures & Flyers
- Alabama Waterways and Diversity
- Good Housekeeping Practices
- Jefferson County Helpful Information
- Identifying & Reporting Water Pollution
- Illegal Dumping
- Lawn & Garden Products; Yard Waste
- Pet Waste Disposal
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention
- Stormwater Pond Maintenance
- Stormwater Runoff & Drainage System
- Vehicle & Equipment Care & Maintenance
- Volunteer Litter Cleanup Program
Clean Water Awareness Posters