To report Criminal Dumping, call our hotline at (205) 582-6555
- Enforcement of Jefferson County Ordinances and State of Alabama laws pertaining to Code Enforcement.
- Inspect public and private property for violations of the Weed & Litter Ordinance, Zoning Ordinances and Criminal Littering law.
- Investigate complaints of high grass/weeds, junk/salvage materials, trash & litter, improper land use, inoperable vehicles and illegal dumping.
- Ensure that the public and unincorporated communities maintain compliance with Jefferson County ordinances and Alabama laws and regulations through effective enforcement.
- Respond to citizen complaints that allege a violation of the ordinances, laws and regulations administrated by the Department of Development Services.
- Resolve citizen complaints in a timely manner.
- Administer enforcement of the ordinances and laws of Jefferson County in a appropriate, fair and unbiased manner.
- Enforce complaints regarding property with high grass/weeds over 12”.
- Enforce complaints regarding property with litter/trash/junk.
- Enforce complaints regarding inoperable/junk vehicles in excess of the allowable one (1).
- Enforce complaints regarding criminal littering/illegal dumping.
- Enforce complaints regarding illegal uses of property.