New Sewer Billing Software Coming Soon!
Jefferson County Environmental Services is improving the way we do business with our sewer customers. Starting this Fall we will be implementing a new billing system. Our first letter, sent in mid November will explain what is changing and when. You will receive another in December before the system goes live. Change is never easy, but this new system will allow you to manage, research, and pay your account with ease each month. Below are frequently asked questions about the transition. Please note this change does not affect Birmingham Water Works Board customers. This is only a change for customers we bill directly for sewer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does my account number mean? Is there a specific way to key in my account number?
- The account number is made up of 13 digits, the location number and customer number. The location number is based on your address. The customer number is a unique identifier to you. You can enter in your account number with all 13 digits in sequence
- How can I pay my bill?
- There are several new options such as:
- Customer Portal – Payment Express (credit card, debit card. e-check)
- In Person - 8th Floor of Courthouse
- How can I contact a representative?
- Employees will be available via:
- Customer Portal – Contact Us Link
- Phone – 205-325-5390
- Email – email@example.com
- If I pay my bill today, when will it post to my account?
- Our new system will be real time. Once you obtain a confirmation number from Payment Express your account will be updated.
- Can I print my bill from the website?
- Yes, you will be able to access and print previous and current bills.
- What forms can be submitted online?
- The following forms can be submitted: Leak Adjustment, Pool Adjustment, Private Meter Adjustment and Refund Request
Q. How do I verify that sewer is available to my property?
A. To check availability, Please contact Sewer Mapping at 205-325-5125.
Q. Why did the payment system change?
A. Jefferson County is moving toward a more state of the art technology to serve our customers in an efficient and informative way.
Q. Can I pay my water bill on this site with the sewer bill?
A. Unfortunately, no. Jefferson County Sewer is a separate entity from all water providers, so we are unable to facilitate their payments.
Q. Is there a charge when paying my bill online or auto-pay?
A. The benefit on paying online is convenience& real time payment processing.
The following are a list of our fees:
Credit Card or debit card – 2.35% of the payment amount
e-check- $ .95 regardless of the payment amount
Q. If I am on autopay, can I now receive my monthly bills electronically instead of by mail?
A. Yes, users on automatic payment schedules receive reminders 10 days before the payment is due. Users who wish to only receive these reminders electronically and cancel physical mail would need to contact the Sewer Billing Office at 205-325-5390 and speak with a representative.
Q. How do I change my name on my bill?
A. You will need to contact your water provider to change your name and they will provide any changes to our office.
Q. Can I make and cancel payment arrangements online?
A. Yes, you can make changes to payment arrangements once you have accessed your account.
Q. Can I change my automatic payment date?
A. Yes, you can make changes to your automatic payment date once you have accessed your
- Can different devices be used to pay my bill?
- Yes, Cellphone, tablet, PC, or laptop can be used to pay your bill.
Q. Can I change my personal information such as mailing address, phone number and email address online?
1. You can make changes to your personal information once you have accessed your account.
2. Or, call a representative at 205-325-5390
Q. Do I have to set up an account to print a form?
A. There are different sites to print a form.
1. To access your data and print a form from Customer Portal you will need an account
2. You can also go to the www.jccal.org to print a form without having an online account.
Q. Can I register my private meter through the customer portal website?
A. Unfortunately, not at this time. However, you can send us a registration request through the customer portal. Once received, a representative of Jefferson County Environmental Services will contact you to schedule a private meter registration inspection.
Q. Can I submit my private meter reading through the customer portal website?
A. Yes. A private meter reading can be submitted online each month instead of manually sending in the reading every 6 months.