Risk Management is responsible for the management of all aspects of On-The-Job Injuries and Illnesses, and the administration of Workers' Compensation benefits, under the Code of Alabama. There are procedures that should be followed so that injuries are properly handled.
Risk Management is also responsible for Safety and Accident Prevention, as well as investigating Property Damage and Auto Liability/Collision claims.
Below are procedures to reporting on the job injuries, workers’ compensation and injury with pay (IWP) guidelines, county vehicle accident guidelines as well as documents that employees and affected departments should submit to the Risk Management Office.
Jefferson County Courthouse - 2nd Floor, Suite 270
716 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Risk Management Central Line: (205) 325-5110
Fax: (205) 581-7596
Workers’ Comp Insurance Carrier Information
Effective March 1, 2022 Brentwood Services Administrators will be the new Workers’ Comp Insurance carrier and a new 24/7 Work Injury Call Line Number. For more information click here.COVID-19 Information
Risk Management Documents
- Affidavit of Claim-General Liability
- Affidavit of Claim form - Auto Liability
- County Vehicle Accident Guidelines
- Affidavit - Driver Statement
- Affidavit - Passenger Statement
- Automobile Loss Notice
- Employee Accident Statement
- Incident Witness Statement
- Supervisor Incident Statement
- Away from Vehicle Driver Statement
Occupational Health Documents