Mr. Nathan Salter, Grant Administration
716 Richard Arrington Jr., Blvd North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Phone: (205) 521-7569
Fax: (205) 325-5095
PROPOSED 2020-21 ONE-YEAR ACTION PLAN AND 2020-2024 CONSOLIDATED PLAN
REGARDING COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AND PUBLIC COMMENT.
Jefferson County will hold a public hearing regarding the proposed 2020-21 One-Year Action Plan and 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan on July 10, 2020 at 9:00 AM in room A-430 of the Jefferson County Courthouse located at 716 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd N, Birmingham, AL 35203. Further information can be obtained contacting the Office of Community Services & Workforce Development at (205) 325-5761. Special accommodations are available upon request for those with disabilities and for those with limited English skills. Those requiring special accommodations should call this number, in advance for assistance.
Special accommodations are available, upon request, for those with disabilities and those with limited English proficiency. Those requiring special accommodations or questions regarding the Plan, should call 325-5761 in advance for assistance.
AVAILABILITY OF THE PROPOSED ONE-YEAR ACTION PLAN AND CONSOLIDATED PLAN
Copies of proposed One-Year Action Plan and Consolidated Plan may also be reviewed online below or by calling 325-5761. Arrangements can also be made to meet the Special Needs Requirements of those with disabilities as well as those with limited English proficiency. Those in this category should contact the Office of Community Services & Workforce Development and telephone number leaving a message with their name and number if they reach voicemail. Copies will also be provided to the 33 participating consortium cities: Adamsville, Argo, Brighton, Brookside, Cardiff, Center Point, Clay, Fairfield, Fultondale, Gardendale, Graysville, Homewood, Hoover, Hueytown, Irondale, Kimberly, Leeds, Lipscomb, Maytown, Midfield, Morris, Mountain Brook, Mulga, North Johns, Pinson, Pleasant Grove, Sylvan Springs, Tarrant, Trafford, Trussville, Vestavia Hills, Warrior, and West Jefferson.
Comments must be submitted prior to 5:00 p.m. on July 10, 2020. Written comments must be submitted to the following:
Jefferson County Office of Community Services & Workforce Development
716 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Ste. A-430
Birmingham, AL 35203
Attn: Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan Comments
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds are provided to Jefferson County, Alabama from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons. Applications for CDBG Program Year 2021 Non-Housing Funding will be announced later this year.
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program funds are allocated to service providers to assist individuals and families quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness. The following activities are eligible components of ESG: street outreach, emergency shelter, homelessness prevention, rapid re-housing assistance, and data collection through the Homelessness Management Information System or HMIS.
Consolidated Plans for Community Development Programs
The Consolidated Plan is designed to help states and local jurisdictions to assess their affordable housing and community development needs and market conditions, and to make data-driven, place-based investment decisions. The consolidated planning process serves as the framework for a community-wide dialogue to identify housing and community development priorities. The Jefferson County Commission encourages citizensí participation and input to ascertain actual "grass roots" needs. For more information contact Frederick Hamilton at the number or email listed above.
- Action Plan for PY 2015 Amendment 2
- CAPER 2015
- Amendment 3 to PY 2015 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary for CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs
- Amendment 4 to PY 2015 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary for CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs
- Action Plan for PY 2016 Amendment 1
- CAPER 2016
- Amendment 2 to PY 2016 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary for CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs
- Amendment 3 to PY 2016 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary for CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs
- Action Plan for PY 2017 Amendment 1
- CAPER 2017
- Amendment 1.1 to PY 2017 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary
- CAPER 2018
- Amendment 1 to PY 2018 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary for CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs
- Amendment 1 to PY 2019 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary for CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs
- Amendment 2 to PY 2019 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary for CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs
- Proposed Amendment 3 to PY 2019 Action Plan One-Year Use of Funds Summary for CDBG, HOME, and ESG Programs
Jefferson County 2010 Five-Year Consolidated Plan (October 1, 2010 - September 30, 2015):
- 2010 Five-Year Strategic Plan Part 1
- 2010 Five-Year Strategic Plan Part 2
- 2010 Checklist
- 2010 Appendix A Project Tables
- 2010 Appendix B Maps
- 2010 Appendix C Birmingham Plan to End Chronic Homelessness
- 2010 Appendix D Certifications
Community Development Program Amendments
- Action Plan for PY 2011 Amendment 3
- Action Plan for PY 2012 Amendment 2
- Action Plan for PY 2013 Amendment 2
- Action Plan for PY 2014 Amendment 1
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
In the CAPER, Jefferson County reports on accomplishments and progress toward Consolidated Plan goals in the prior year. Below are the Jefferson County CAPERs associated with the 2010 Five-Year Consolidated Plan.